November 8, 1995
Delegation of Authority--Administration of the Aggie Village Faculty For-Sale Project,
At the July 21, 1995 meeting, The Regents authorized the President in consultation
with the General Counsel, to take certain actions to facilitate the subdivision, development,
construction, and sale of residences in the Aggie Village Faculty Housing Project (Project),
Effective immediately, subject to the terms of the attached copy of the July 21, 1995
Regental authorization, as Chancellor of the Davis campus you are authorized to administer
the Project, including the following specific responsibilities.
The following authorities are not delegated:
- To designate, describe, and subdivide into up to 37 lots that portion of the Davis
campus previously approved by The Regents as the site of the Project, including the
preparation of a map indicating such subdivision, provided that such designating,
describing, subdividing, and recording are done in consultation with the General
- To execute on behalf of the University, in consultation with the General Counsel and
the Senior Vice President--Business and Finance, all documents required for the
completion and sale of residences in the Project, including documents necessary for
annexation of the site to the City of Davis.
- To approve, execute, and administer a license agreement with the project developer to
carry out the approved development plan for the project, all such approvals to be done
in consultation with the Senior Vice President--Business and Finance and the General
- To establish policies on temporary rental of the residences, including leases with
options to purchase, to conduct investigations regarding compliance with use and
occupancy limitations, and to reassign leasehold interests in the event of
- To determine residence resale price limitations with respect to the resale of the
residences in the Project pursuant to the provisions contained in the Project documents.
- To organize an owners' association under California law and to designate its initial
officers and directors.
- To inspect the Project and exercise the rights of the University regarding operations
and maintenance of the Project pursuant to the Project documents.
- To determine whether to exercise the University's rights to buy a residence under the
provisions of the Project documents and, if such rights are exercised, to determine
whether and to whom to assign the rights.
- To determine in consultation with the President, the increase, if any, in the ground
rent to be payable under the Project documents.
- To select or approve, as appropriate under the Project documents, all initial and
subsequent purchasers of the residences pursuant to the priority system authorized by
the Project documents.
- To determine, in consultation with the Senior Vice President--Business and Finance and
the General Counsel, upon subsequent sale of a residence, whether a new lease will be
executed and for what term, not to exceed 99 years.
- Major changes in the design or in the permitted uses of the Aggie Village Faculty
Housing Project shall be approved by The Regents.
- Establishment of any resale price exceeding the formula calculation must be approved
by The Regents.
- All future amendments of the Project documents shall be approved by the Senior Vice
President--Business and Finance, prior to their execution, in consultation with the
Any redelegation of these authorities shall be in writing with copies to the Senior Vice
President--Business and Finance, the Special Assistant--Coordination & Review, and the
General Counsel and Vice President for Legal Affairs.
Richard C. Atkinson
- Senior Vice President Kennedy
Assistant Vice President Bocchicchio
Special Assistant Gardner
General Counsel and Vice President Holst