August 1, 1996
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT--BUSINESS AND FINANCE
VICE PRESIDENT--AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Delegation of Authority--Ancillary Pay Practices
Staff Policy 33 provides that a shift differential rate shall be paid to a non-exempt employee in an eligible class when the employee is required to work an assigned evening, night, or weekend shift. Staff Policy 31.B.6 permits locations to establish on-call rates for non-exempt employees in eligible classifications/positions. Effective July 1, 1996, in your respective areas of responsibility, you are authorized to:
It is assumed that the establishment, change, or elimination of shift and weekend differential rates and unrestricted on-call rates would address and/or adhere to the following:
- determine which classes will be eligible for shift and weekend differential rates and/or unrestricted on-call rates; and
- establish, change, or eliminate shift and weekend differential rates and unrestricted on-call rates.
Whenever shift and weekend differential rates or unrestricted on-call rates are proposed to be established, changed, or eliminated, appropriate local HEERA notice to affected employees and interested employee organizations should take place to provide an opportunity for questions and comments in advance of the proposed implementation date.
- local market demand/trends;
- local guidelines/procedures;
- applicable Federal and State laws; and
- Staff Policies 33 and 31, respectively.
Any redelegation of this authority shall be in writing with copies provided to the Senior Vice President--Business and Finance and to the Special Assistant--Coordination & Review.
Richard C. Atkinson
cc: Members, President's Cabinet
Assistant Vice President Levin
Special Assistant Gardner
Principal Officers of The Regents