August 1, 1996
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT--BUSINESS AND FINANCE
VICE PRESIDENT--AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Delegation of Authority--Classification Authority for Professional/Support Staff Positions and Manager/Senior Professional Positions
In accordance with Staff Policy 36, effective July 1, 1996 and within your respective areas of responsibility, you are authorized to:
1. establish methodologies for evaluation and classification of positions;
This classification authority applies to Professional/Support Staff positions and Manager/Senior Professional positions.
2. assign positions to salary ranges;
3. establish and revise class specifications and classification standards;
4. approve the allocation of positions to classes with class specifications and also for which class specifications have not yet been determined; and
5. grant individual classification exceptions to class specifications.
Budgetary support for classification actions shall be provided from authorized budgets under the jurisdiction of the respective Chancellor or Vice President.
Copies of campus implementing procedures shall be forwarded to the Assistant Vice President--Human Resources.
Any redelegation of this authority to the Human Resources Director or other responsible administrator, as specified, shall be in writing with copies to the Assistant Vice President--Human Resources and the Special Assistant--Coordination & Review.
Richard C. Atkinson
cc: Members, President's Cabinet
Assistant Vice President Levin
Special Assistant Gardner
Principal Officers of The Regents