Personnel Policies for Senior Management Group
Senior Management Group Personnel Policies delineate the general employment relationship between Senior Management Group employees and the university. Positions designated as senior management provide leadership requiring the exercise of a high degree of independent judgment in the development of universitywide or campuswide policy and program direction and accountability for long-term results.
The President, as executive head of the university, has responsibility for the policies and programs governing the terms and conditions of employment for staff members who hold senior management positions, except for certain actions which are reserved to The Regents and Principal Officers of The Regents as set forth in the Bylaws and Standing Orders of The Regents, and except as delegated by the President to Chancellors, Laboratory Director and the Executive Vice President — Business Operations.
Each campus has a designated Senior Management Group (SMG) Coordinator who serves as the primary contact for all SMG members, responsible for interpreting policies, administering programs and coordinating efforts with Office of the President.
- Regents Policy 7701 — Appointment and Compensation PDF
- Regents Policy 7705 — Hiring Bonus PDF
- Regents Policy 7712 — Incentive Awards PDF
Absence from Work
- PPSM 2.210 — Absence from Work Policy PDF
- PPSM II-42 — Disability Leave PDF
- PPSM II-43 — Personal Leave PDF
- PPSM II-46 — Administrative Leave With Pay PDF
- PPSM II-50 — Sabbatical Leave PDF
- APM 740 — Sabbatical Accrual PDF
- PPSM II-64 — Termination of Appointment PDF
- PPSM II-65 — Retirement PDF
- PPSM 66 — Medical Separation and Procedures PDF
- Regents Policy 7706 — Reemployment of UC Retired Employees Into SMG and Staff Positions PDF
- PPSM II-70 — Resolution of Concerns PDF
- Discrimination, Harassment, and Affirmative Action in the Workplace PDF
- Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment PDF
- Whistleblower Policies PDF
- Substance Abuse PDF
- Policy on Settlement of Litigation, Claims, and Separation Agreements
- Guidelines for Corrective Actions Related to Compensation Practices PDF
- Guidelines for Resolution of Compensation and Personnel Issues Resulting from the Findings of Audits and Management Reviews PDF
- Regents Policy 7702 — Performance Management Review Process PDF
Outside Professional Activities
- Regents Policy 7707 — Outside Professional Activities PDF
- Download the OPA Request and Approval form for all outside professional activities PDF
- Download the detailed information form for documenting compensated outside professional activities PDF
- Download a sample Annual Report by individual SMG members listing all uncompensated outside professional activities PDF
- Download a sample Annual Report by individual SMG members listing all compensated outside professional activities PDF
Business Expenses, Moving and Relocation
- Regents Policy 7708 — University Provided Housing PDF
- Regents Policy 7709 — Automobile Allowance PDF
Administrative note: Automobile allowances will no longer be recommended nor approved. Subject to the limitations under policy, current recipients may continue to receive automobile allowances while in their current positions. Please refer to Regents Policy 7709 — Automobile Allowance for current automobile allowance policy details.
- Regents Policy 7710 — Moving Reimbursement PDF
- Regents Policy 7711 — Relocation Allowance was rescinded in March 2018. Please refer to Regents Policy 7710 — Moving Reimbursement for current moving and relocation policy details.
- Home Loan Programs
- PPSM II-71 — Senior Management Supplemental Benefit Program PDF
Administrative note: Participation in the Senior Management Supplemental Benefit Program will no longer be recommended nor approved. Subject to the limitations under policy, current recipients may continue to participate while in their current positions. Please refer to PPSM II-71 — Senior Management Supplemental Benefit Program for current participation policy details.
- PPSM II-42 — Disability Leave PDF
Other Related Policies
- Regents Bylaws, Standing Orders, and Current Policies
- Business and Finance Bulletins
- Academic Personnel Manual
- Emeritus Status — Guidelines for Non-Academic Personnel PDF